Life's too short for ironing - my new book




Dad and Yusuf

 "Miles from nowhere

I guess I'll take my time, oh yeah, to reach there.

Look up at the mountain I have to climb, oh yeah, to reach there.

Lord my body has been a good friend.

But I will not need it when I reach the end.

Miles from nowhere."

*Yusuf Islam/Cat Stevens. Miles from Nowhere.

Life's too short for ironing-my new book

 

April 2023 Brighton, England. A long way from my caravan living off grid in Spain...



It's now ten weeks since I returned to the UK and what an experience...

I arrived with a few changes of clothes and little else expecting a short trip but here I am...

I've been up North, back down South to Greater London and now on the Southern coast in Brighton and Hove, a place where I have history...



Despite some very difficult months I have managed to almost complete my third book entitled:

‘Life’s too short for ironing’



A collection of memoirs, articles, art and poetry representing the best and worst moments of a free spirit single parent whose life has always been far from the norm…

An eclectic combination of the bizarre, fantastical, funny and tragic with a welcome dose of ironic dark humour.




As you have probably guessed, ironing is not my forte nor do I possess an ironing board!

And I’ve really never understood ironing one’s sheets and underwear…

Anyway, I digress…

As the synopsis states, this book is a collection of my memoirs, poetry, articles and interviews with some relatively well-known people, spanning over a decade. It is not in specific chronological order. It is all one hundred percent real based on my life experiences and only some names have been changed to protect identities.

My father worked in the music business in London and internationally throughout my early childhood which shaped my love and constant need for music; indeed, I cannot write without it.

Every memory of my life is accompanied by a song hence throughout the book you will encounter lyrics that are relevant to me and my mood. I grew up surrounded by musicians, creatives and mavericks for which I am now very thankful, an upbringing that was anything but boring.

You will read about my life in Spain, some very unorthodox parenting tips, my off-grid caravan adventures, my involvement with erm, dissidents and ’blowers of whistles’ from the Wuhan Clan (yes that’s tongue in cheek).

My struggle with depression, my travels and the characters I met along the way and a raw account of living with deep grief…

And that’s just a basic overview!

Not to mention a gory account of my hysterectomy and surgically induced menopause which all men should read! Some very funny lyrics from the ‘Futhermuckers’ accompany that particular chapter…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYIrqZ6fnys Watch their video here.

As you know, I am also the author of two other self-published books:

"A Thousand Miles from Nowhere" Saffron Mello Castro


Blues Weiser and Whiskey Dick doing a great promo job! And the Lovely BBC presenter Charlie Dimmock who just happened to be next to me whilst I held a copy of the first edition of my book...




"2020 When Time Stood Still" Skye Coelho


In case you are wondering, both Saffron Mello Castro and Skye Coelho are pseudonyms inspired by my Anglo-Indian ancestry.

I have recently begun recording the audio book version of "2020 When Time Stood Still" with my friends at https://outburnerproductions.com who are also helping out with the marketing, multi-talented bunch that they are! So talented in fact, that some of their great music as Floodstain and Blues Weiser is also featured in the book. 

Check out the band by clicking on the link below:

Blues Weiser 

I also plan to record Life’s too short as an audiobook so yes, that’s a lot of plans...



Meanwhile, I shall continue with the editing, formatting and all the other boring parts of the process of producing a literary work of art 😊

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments