Spring in Denmark and recovery from Vortioxetine


 

Greetings from Denmark 

I sit overlooking the lush green garden with a temperature of around 10 degrees...

A far cry from the 28 degrees in Spain I just left begind!

Spring time,  new beginnings, whatever that may bring...

It feels like a miracle that I made it here in the first place.

Only weeks before I was still unable to drive myself to the airport due to the severe dizziness,  chronic fatigue and confusion due to the ongoing side effects from Vortioxetine, both on and off the medication. This is discussed in depth in a previous article.

 I've been very slowly recovering, walking, resting, some gentle yoga, meditating, and occasionally seeing friends who mostly had to come to me as I was unable to go far.

Yes, it's been quite a ride

I've contacted various departments at Lundbeck pharmaceuticals and am awaiting a real response not just automated. I try to put aside my anger and mistrust given previous experience. 

Let's face it,  to trust a pharmaceutical company is madness at the best of times but in times of Covid when we have seen the most obscene profits in history on the back of people's misery in a so called global catastrophe,  well it only highlights the hideous system of greed, profit and severe lack of ethics. 

Pfizer is probably the best example of this.



Meanwhile I have begun my plant medicine journey and will write about my journey in another article about the miracles of plant medicine,  namely Amanita and Lion's Mane mushrooms 🍄

Part of me severely regrets beginning the anti depressants in the first place after 25 years of not taking any, but in a moment of severe nervous system breakdown I was desperate. 




So, I shall continue my recovery here in Denmark at my boyfriend's home with walks in the forest, much quiet time and reflection hoping that my brain and body will rebalance and make a full recovery.

I'm grateful for this beautiful place and the support of special people.



Post a Comment

0 Comments