The tortured soul of the angel of joy part two: Hellos, goodbyes, where are my fucking bedsheets & oops I did it again…

Hellos, goodbyes, where are my fucking bedsheets & oops I did it again… 

 My head was exploding, heart pounding, my vision became blurred. There was an almighty bang as I drove into the wall and my tire exploded… 

As Britney Spears so aptly put it, oops I did it again. He came, he went. And just when you thought it was completely over, he reappeared once more… 



The night before his reappearance I sat under the night sky contemplating the constellations far above me, the cool breeze caressing my hair, a wry smile upon my face as I accepted the end of yet another chapter of my life, a short chapter that bordered on the incredulous to some, but to me was purely par for the course. I pondered on that incessant feeling of being pulled between dimensions, one foot on the earth plain and the other…well, somewhere else is the only way I can describe it.

 I’ve tried in vain to be normal, whatever that bloody means; I’ve been married, divorced, someone’s girlfriend, partner. Mother, carer, daughter, teacher, translator, cleaner, manager, hypnotherapist, the list is endless. How many identities do we adopt in this one lifetime? I realize that in these past months the most deeply therapeutic and life altering experience was the moment I suddenly shrugged off all the identities and simply became me again, and really questioned who was this me? 

Silence and solitude are generally two crucial elements that greatly aid the introspection process and I’d been working at this until he walked into my life. I sat reliving every second of our encounter, every touch, look, every misunderstood word and gesture, the immensely powerful magnetic push and pull that had punctuated this unforgettable reunion of souls. 

The woman who had cracked a few months back fighting grief, trauma and rage-probably best described as full system breakdown-didn’t seem like the same version of me here and now. In that moment, I was dangerously on the brink, crying my way down the motorway not caring what I was doing nor where I was going, nor what awaited me. Good job really, always best not to know what awaits us in this life. I laughed out loud to myself, startling only the insects and the darkness around; God! That whole experience had been something else. I say my internal goodbyes to the Angel of Joy, accept the experience is over and mentally pat myself on the back for my mature response and attempt to block out the passionate images from my mind… 


*** 




Imagine my surprise, and admittedly a level of annoyance, when the phone rang the following day and there he was again, walking straight back into my life whilst I’d been simultaneously nursing my bruised ego and breathing a sigh of relief at his absence. I hesitated momentarily, knowing the moment I answered the phone, I would be reopening a door back into my life. We were meant to be finished. A little voice whispered, don’t answer it, leave it as it was, end the story with mystery and more importantly one’s dignity intact… But you know as well as I do, curiosity would override any level of caution. The tingles down my spine and that feeling in the pit of my stomach drove me to answer. I took a deep breath and steadied my voice. “Yes?” cool as a cucumber, I braced myself for the inevitable small talk. “How are you?” He was at his most formal. “Fine and you?” Cut to the Goddamn chase! I wanted to yell at him. “I need to discuss something with you, but it needs to be in person, not on here…” As bloody mysterious as ever, I noted irritably. “Oh? Well, I’m heading up to the village in a moment so…” For fucks sake, the indignity of it all! I had almost preferred the radio silence, the what ifs, the silent longing and inner acceptance work and now it all goes to shit as I allow him back in. For an hour, a day, a week or a lifetime? Who knows? Instantly the cool demeanor disappears, I fuss in front of the mirror, what to wear? Who cares? Why do I care? I need to look good, show him what he’s missing…no, go for the just got out of bed I don’t give a fuck look… 

I was wasting precious time fighting with myself. Who are you kidding woman? You are absolutely bursting with curiosity to know what he wants. Yet again my ego was attacking; you should have had the last word and walked away head held high and never set eyes on him again. Left him wondering, longing. This constant testing of emotions and experiences, checking your ego response, scrutinizing one’s actions and levels of sanity then finally wondering at the infinite lessons that had been thrown your way, well it is all quite frankly an exhausting process… 

Bloody hell, talk about those mind movies! I placed my ego to one side and made my way up to the village, predictably early as ever, punctuality being the one British trait I been unable to discard despite my many attempts at arriving fashionably late. I ordered a Chamomile tea to steady my nerves and stared at my phone in a vain attempt to avoid checking the street every second. When he finally stood before me, I was relieved to observe true consternation, angst and uncertainty written across his face. I should have known where we would eventually end up yet again but at this stage of contact, we were both dancing around, sizing each other up, attempting to read emotions and give away as little as possible. The excuse he gave for the meeting in person was so ridiculous I almost instantly forgot why we were there in the first place and finally just said it, “Why are we really here? What is this about? I had accepted it was over…” Ah, that did it. Instantly the theatrical character was back in his full glory, puffing up his chest in preparation for the verbal onslaught which was, I kid you not, to last for the next five hours. He molded the ends of his moustache into the Daliesque style he was so fond of and leaned in with a glint in his eye.
“Over? Who said it was over? You now what we have is a soul connection based on a fifth dimensional relation not third dimensional. Put away your ego and expectation and of course labels, labels and expectations are the ruin of all relationships! What we have is far deeper, far greater, your issue is absolutism.” I rubbed my temples, instantly feeling the beginning of a headache coming on… Okay, I concede, he has a point. Expectation is dangerous and inevitably leads to disappointment but no expectation, zero…well is that even humanly possible? And let’s get back to basics, I needed sheets on my bed in this three-dimensional existence and he’d held on to them until this very day to prove what? That I was an absolutist? That someone who expected for their bed sheets to be returned so sleep could be a slightly more comfortable experience was in the wrong dimension? I attempted to explain this truth with humour and was instantly brushed aside. “I kept the sheets to prove that I was not an absolutist. Nothing is absolute. If I returned everything and then disappeared, it would have been brutal, unkind and you would have been hurt translating it to mean I was out your life forever.”

 He sat back looking satisfied at his explanation and ordered a Whiskey. Hmm, I had never really seen him drink before apart from a couple of glasses of wine. I ordered a shot too and realized I had a long day ahead of me… My logic was going, what the actual fuck? All this over some bloody bedsheets? My heart was saying, he’s on a whole other level, this is a whole other level, no expectations remember… And my soul? My soul reminded me that two very complex beings had clashed not only in this lifetime, but in many previous lives and we were here to teach each other some kind of lesson… 
I downed the shot in one and stared him out. 
He stared back at me holding my gaze, a war of wills. “Well, am I wrong?” He asked, then flashed me the wicked smile that got me every time, the fucker. “Welllllll…” Quick, you need a witty comeback I thought desperately. The alcohol was already coursing through my veins, the hot sun was pounding on my forehead, and I noticed the waitresses hovering a bit too close, definitely trying to pick up some gossip. Evidently, we stood out in the village, the strange foreign woman and Don Quixote…
He began gesticulating wildly, and momentarily all I could see was his mouth opening and closing like a fish, all sound drowned out by the passing group of motorbikes. Either the devil on my shoulder or the angel, really not sure which at this point, said quite plainly, he is speaking shit, whilst its opposer said no, he is damn right, put away that ego, and truly listen to what he has to say. “I just wanted my fucking sheets” I find myself saying rather lamely. “And then you could have quite easily said, I need some space, I need to work things out and at some point, I will get in touch. It’s quite simple really. I didn’t expect to marry you or anything. And I have your Tupperware in my car and your chocolate biscuits” Quixote looked at me with incredulity and almost disgust. Man, I was so 3D. “There you go again, expectations! See, your ego is too present, listen to your soul! Why should I have been waiting for you? Who said that was the dynamic of our relationship?” He ordered another whiskey. I ordered another shot. This could only end in disaster. “Because” I was aware I was shouting and both waitresses and curious passersby stopped and stared, “We practically lived together for days, and the last time I returned you crossed the countryside, climbed hills carrying a fucking tortilla on a China plate in one hand to greet me, and this time suddenly you refused to even see me nor give me my fucking bed sheets! Is it too much to ask to sleep on a bed with some sheets and just a fucking brief explanation as to why, despite battling a demonic presence together, you had to play fucking mind games with me!” 

Oh dear. I was saying the F word a tad too much and a tad too loudly… I was red in the face, no longer cool as a cucumber and he was enjoying my outburst. He stroked his moustache, and placed his hand on my knee, caressing it gently, “My dear, stay calm. Perhaps we were mistaken in partaking in a physical relationship. Everything changes when sex is involved even if unconsciously, a different bond is formed, and again certain expectations are put in place” he said in a condescending tone. I briefly remembered his previous look of angst and consternation and the mere fact he was downing spirits must mean he was suffering some level of discomfort at least, despite his calm words. I breathed deeply and decided to retake control of the situation. I didn’t doubt the element of truth and wisdom in what he said, and I knew I had responded differently to him once we had consummated our relationship, however two could play his game. I smiled sweetly and looked him straight in the eye, “You are right, we should never have consummated our relationship. It was a big mistake. Ours is a spiritual connection and we wrecked it with our desires of the flesh. It must never happen again.” I moved closer and my lips brushed gently against his. I felt and heard his sharp intake of breath. I caressed his leg and stroked his hair. “You are completely right in what you said. That aspect at least of our connection is over forever, and what will be will be.” I pulled back but he took my arm and immediately placed my hand back on his knee. “See? Now you are doing it again. Absolutism. It is not about never ever or yes or no, it is what it is, whatever flows, occurs in the moment. Maybe after this conversation we will never see each other again or I will be in your life forever or maybe we will sleep together tomorrow…or…” 

“Not if you don’t give me my fucking bedsheets we won’t!” I growled. Men! 3D, 5D whatever, he most definitely had not reigned in the desires of the flesh. And so, the next five hours were spent playing each other across the table; we will, we won’t. What is life? What is not life? What are we? What are we not? I wanted to kiss him, I wanted to punch him, he brought out both the best and the worst in me. Finally, we peeled ourselves off the chairs and he accompanied me to my car where we spent another hour arguing in the hot sun. He finally handed me my sheets, I handed him his Tupperware. “Remember my lady, this is not about the ego. We have transcended the ego, our connection is so much greater.” He smiled triumphantly. “Fine, I agree.” I responded. “Really, let’s just keep this simple and spiritual, keep this journey together pure with no expectations and if I ever feel the need for a physical relationship with a man again well, I will just find one.” His brow furrowed as he leaned in closely, “Now, I did not say I was never going to…” “Shut up!” I shouted. I kissed him quickly on the mouth and screeched off in my car. Agh! I was hungry, exhausted and very mentally tired, God he was so annoying. Luckily, I was close to the caravan. I drove very slowly in first gear and found myself pounding on the steering wheel in frustration. Fuck! Why had I let myself be distracted by him again? My head was exploding, heart pounding, my vision became blurred. Evidently, he really had distracted me for in that moment there was an almighty bang and my tire exploded as I drove into the wall… As Britney Spears so aptly put it, oops I did it again. I had reopened the door to the angel of joy. 

***
The universe had indeed sent a subtle reminder to not steer off my path and keep on the straight and narrow… 

In the months I had spent navigating that difficult path not once had I veered towards the wall until that day. On the physical level, yes hours of intense debate in the sunshine without eating, somewhat dehydrated and consuming alcohol, albeit a very small amount, was combination enough to affect my driving skills. Still, I could not help but see the irony and symbolism of the situation with Mr Joy. 

I had reached, or at least almost reached, a place of acceptance and distance then allowed for the disruption to take place because of the magnetic force between us and because my curious mind always got the better of me… 

In any case, as I’m sure other creatives will understand, the pull of the unknown is part of what fuels us, a story, an adventure, an experience, no matter how painful, is often what keeps us going. ‘Curiosity killed the cat’ as the expression goes, well I have five cats and my feline friends and I have much in common I can tell you. The burst tire was irreparable and turned out to be another financial burden in already difficult times; everything including a new tire was rapidly increasing in price due to inflation hikes. All very tiresome. I thanked the universe for the rather unsubtle warning and cursed both myself and the angel of increasingly less joy for spending five hours discussing something which could easily have been discussed in less than half that time. But again, the insatiable lust for who could push the furthest had resulted in a lesson for me and I wondered, any lessons for him? 

This ongoing battle of wills. Despite my irritability, I actually found myself feeling more liberated and less concerned about whether or not I would indeed see him again. I sent him an email, the agreed form of any future contact, telling him about my situation and my tongue in cheek response. Unsurprisingly, his response was dry, I had realized fairly quickly that despite having a pretty sharp sense of humor, it was not on my level and perhaps through linguistic and cultural differences, he did not capture my wit or somewhat at times, bizarre humor. This was about to become immediately apparent. 

The following day I had some pressing online issues that needed to be addressed, so I made my way up to the village to use the Wifi and found myself back at the same bar as the previous day. I was soon joined by some friendly locals I had become acquainted with. Despite the comfortable chat I was aware time was against me if I wished to use the Wifi as closing time was looming. In that moment I looked up and there he was, as surprised to see me as I was to see him. It seemed that when I stopped looking for him, or caring as much, he would appear and judging by the look on his face, the same applied to him. He sauntered up to the group, greeted us all, and joined in the conversation. I sighed heavily. I knew I would not be able to tear myself away now. Time went on, and I noticed him seem uncomfortable and agitated, which should have been my cue to leave but again I stayed and observed. I watched him become increasingly more brooding and wondered what was eating him up. He then surprised me by inviting me back to his house to use his wifi. The boundaries were being broken yet again. Despite the curious looks we said our farewells and once again returned to where it had all begun.




 He talked incessantly about the current global situation, much of which I agreed with. He became angrier and more passionate and again I felt myself drawn to him through our mutual beliefs. I tried very hard to concentrate on the task at hand but every movement, look, touch and spoken word seemed to put me off course. It was impossible to concentrate. I eventually gave up and decided it best I leave before I regret whatever could happen next. I felt a strong desire to run away from there as quickly as possible. I surprised him with the speed with which I got to my feet, hurriedly packed my things and announced I was off. He equally surprised me by rapidly taking hold of all my bags and telling me would accompany me. Out in the hot sun we went, walking down the mountainside and talking and talking… 

Only when we finally reached the caravan did we spend some time in silence, hot, tired and thirsty. We sat in comfortable stillness, and I observed as he closed his eyes and breathed deeply. “It’s gone” he said finally. “What has?” I asked momentarily confused. He responded, “That dark energy, whatever it was that was here. It feels peaceful again, calm, like it was the first time I met you. Have you felt anything since?” I paused before responding, “Truthfully, yes a couple of times but nothing compared to what we experienced. I banished it with authority. It was definitely a male energy, not a very pleasant one, but despite feeling some discomfort, generally I didn’t feel fear rather annoyance at being disturbed!” I was aware that sounded rather bizarre but it was the truth and generally I had felt much better recently, more comfortable in the darkness alone. He looked at me with undisguised admiration. “You are quite powerful if you have managed to banish that. Be careful with that power” He stroked his beard and Dali tash thoughtfully.
“I thought perhaps you had provoked it with your own dark energy. I was concerned I would feel something back in my home, but I felt nothing.” I felt rather annoyed by his words but attempted to remain neutral and honest in my response. “Well, I thought the same about you though I did still wonder if it was us combined that had conjured up something or triggered a response in something from our past…” 

“Anyway, who knows, but I don’t want to give it much thought nor more attention especially as everything feels so much lighter and more peaceful.” He grunted in agreement and set about making a fire so we could cook.

 Soon it was nightfall and the twinkling stars, the fire and music bewitched us. Again, those moments of freedom in nature, comfortable companionship, music in the background, I wished they could last forever. 

He became playful, scooping me up on his back and running under the stars, pointing out the different constellations as he’d done once before. This was the character I loved, the spontaneous natural, playful being. Unsurprisingly one thing led to another, and the 3D call of the flesh took over.

 I couldn’t help but smirk to myself when I thought back to the conversation of only 24 hours before, which already felt like a lifetime ago. 
Later as we lay by the fire, he momentarily startled me with his words, “Do I remind you of Lucifer? A woman once said I reminded her of that TV character so I studied every episode continuously and saw not only the likeness but much interesting content, many truths that most would not detect. The true nature and story of Lucifer is very interesting, not what the bible tells us.” I had to hand it to him, he knew how to turn the conversation. I still lay in post coital fluffiness, not really prepared for the conversation about the lord of darkness. I turned over and looked at him. “Yes, I see the likeness on various levels” Which I did, but I felt reluctant to start discussing it right now, even though the topic had of course piqued my interest. The character in the series was attractive, intelligent, charming and charismatic which of course were some of the traits my friend beside me most definitely possessed yet my internal battle was sparked yet again.
I decided to bring in some humor and change the course of conversation slightly. “Speaking of the lord of darkness, I’m going to show you something funny which I hadn’t seen in years. A really silly photoshoot I did with friends when promoting my first book. Seems a bit weird but when you understand the context not quite so.”

 
I explained that we were emulating a scene from the 50s, the perfect family, except I was dressed as my then boyfriend, a singer in a black metal band. We’d had a lot of fun and it was all done tongue in cheek. He did not of course understand the irony of the ultra- conservative British newspaper I was reading.
I enjoyed dressing up and we had done a few fun photos shoots at the time. I laughed to myself as I thought back to those moments.
I noticed however his frown as he observed the pictures… 

Oh dear, what was coming now? He cleared his throat and looked at me seriously, “Is it possible you unconsciously made a pact with the devil that day? Sold your soul? Have you seen your forehead, the inverted cross?” 
“Seriously?” I sat upright in shock, anger and disbelief. How to ruin a special moment and again totally misunderstand my playful nature. “Even though you say unconsciously, that’s a ridiculous thing to say! And wow, all the legends I have heard about the powerful, rich and famous that supposedly made such a pact, how exactly does that apply to me? So far, those three adjectives are not usually in the same sentence when describing me and my life!” He looked at me calmly, unperturbed. “You are far more powerful than you realize, I see it and it scares me at times. If you were to truly learn how to harness those powers for good, to manifest anything you want and to change all that surrounds you…” His voice trailed off. 
Despite my huffiness, I contemplated his words and felt a shiver. He got up and began to dress. “I must go.” I felt perturbed, irritable, and fascinated. A simultaneous attack and powerful compliment all in the same sentence. Clever. 
We hugged but my barriers had gone up yet again. I watched him disappear into the darkness as a lone shooting star dazzled me on its trajectory above. I awoke all night and each time I looked at the clock it was triple numbers, 1.11, 2.22, 3.33, Angel numbers I believe they call them.
 I tossed and turned, meditated, drank hot cocoa but to no avail. He’d done it once more and triggered a massive response in me. A storm was brewing and later the caravan was rocked by wind and rain. Water began coming in and the doors rattled. I got up in the darkness to secure the doors and windows, only partly afraid, still simmering over his words. ‘Sold my soul to the devil’? FFS! 

I sent a simple email the following day asking if he had got home okay and told him how the storm had affected me. No response. A few days later I sent him an article I knew would fascinate him. No response. Was I being an absolutist just wondering if he was okay and if I really had sold my soul to the devil or was it simply, men were from Mars and women from Venus because we totally don’t get each other! The weather was cold and grey again not helping my mood. It was time to leave for more than one reason...

 
Back down on the coast, my irritation had turned to anger yet again. No matter your spiritual belief system, whether you are an atheist, agnostic, a religious fanatic, flat earther, or like me open minded to infinite possibilities, accepting we think we know so much yet understand so little, being told you had likely sold your soul to the devil was a bit confusing and disconcerting. 
Were these simply mind games or an exchange of possibilities? Was my response governed by Christian indoctrination? Was I simply making much ado about nothing? 
Was this my learning process, how I respond to such behaviour and thought processes? As I have pointed out previously, my belief system is wide and varied including having sporadic contact with two very different female psychics/intuitives in distinct parts of the world, one over a couple of years and the other very recently. I have no problem accepting there are all manner of dimensions, energetic variances and the existence of beings that we humans have yet to truly comprehend. That said, discernment is vital...

I was relieved to be away from him until the war of words and accusations began between us on email and unfortunately my pent -up frustration and stress did not respond with dignity. Let us just say after lengthy exchanges, we both agreed, using symbolism and circumstances that had kept us from meeting despite seeing each other from afar, that indeed our time was over. Thank you, universe, for our meeting and teachings but time to go our separate ways till such a time we are slammed back together again… 

The following days were spent working through my feelings and getting back on track with my ‘other life’. 

I find myself feeling somewhat better and able to take a step back and observe both my and Joy’s behaviours and responses with an element of humour and again that vitak word,  discernment, much to my relief. 

Perhaps finally we have made a clean break, Joy and I...

But Just when you thought things couldn’t possibly get any stranger…
I have been reading and investigating the effects of psychedelics for therapeutic use for some time now. I have read books, articles and watched debates with psychiatrists, psychologists and neurologists from all manner of backgrounds. It is a subject that fascinates me and in which I have partaken for therapeutic purposes. I had begun micro-dosing with what are commonly referred to as magic mushrooms in order to aid my depressive episodes and trauma. Now despite being micro doses, my at times extreme sensitivity to everything means that the importance of my surroundings are even more paramount than most when partaking in anything more than a cup of tea.
Perhaps micro-dosing on shrooms in a dark flat whilst watching Batman was not the best combination...

But here I was, watching a chaotic loud movie when really I should have been back up a mountain or at least in bed, meditating with calm music. I was feeling slightly odd, and the imagery and sounds were becoming slightly overwhelming when I found myself having an attack of laughter. 
Most therapeutic actually, though annoying to those watching the movie with me. 

Suddenly, in the middle of the laughter fit my phone began pinging incessantly. Intuitively I immediately knew it was connected with angel of joy. 

My body was refusing to respond, and it seemed to take an age to actually pick up the phone…
 
Imagine my surprise and perturbance as I began to receive countless messages and spirit downloads from a psychic far away. 

She explains that Joy and I are twin flames, that she him and I were all connected through past life constellations, as well as in our life purpose now. Her guides were calling Joy and I to unite with her and her guides in a far-off remote place, specifically in the coming days in order to coincide with the resurrection of Christ...

The movie sounds were reaching a crescendo, my muddled shroom brain was struggling to comprehend the message being relayed. 

From being accused of selling my soul to the devil, I was now being summoned to join with Christ, Angel, a psychic and her guides with total urgency in a matter that Angel had no knowledge of. The messages became stranger, more urgent. This psychic knew nothing of the present situation, that Angel and I were not speaking, let alone in the same town nor that I was trying my hardest to put him out of my mind and my life… 
She knew nothing of what was ocurring between him and I. 

Even in my moment of shrooms, I was extremely glad I had her messages of proof that none of this was just in my mind.
 I sat in disbelief, shaking my head in wonderment. No matter how much I try to distance myself from that man, my apparent twin flame, a soul mate, whoever or whatever he is, something seems to occur to pull him back in be it physically or energetically. 

“What’s up?” My movie companions ask when they see my face, my laughter becoming more hysterical… 

“Where do I begin? Well first there was this ex -soldier called Angel of Joy, a caravan in the mountains, a dark entity, a psychic and Jesus Christ and somewhere in between, a woman who apparently sold her soul to the devil…” 

And the rest I’ll leave up to you.

Post a Comment

0 Comments